| 37 Weeks & 3 Days |
This week's doctor's appointment was awfully uneventful which is always nice at this point. Did the usual and everything is all good and perfect still. Baby girl is measuring at exactly 37 weeks which according to the doctor means I hopefully won't be having a ten pound baby -- Woo hoo! Also, my Strep B culture came back negative so it's one less thing I have to worry about when it comes to labor time! No internal exam this week, but they'll do them starting next week and until the end. We also asked questions about induction because I want to know the latest we'll have this little Christmas gift and she said definitely before 42 weeks, so that made me feel a little better. I am definitely starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and Hubby and I are getting awfully anxious to meet our little girl!
All About Baby -- She's still gaining about a half a pound per week! She is inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid to get her lungs ready to breathe, sucking her thumb to prepare for sucking reflexes outside of the womb, blinking, and most definitely turning from side to side!
How Momma is Feeling -- As I've been putting it, I'm starting to move into that more uncomfortable state. I actually cried the other night because of pain in my upper and lower back, hip joints feeling achy, horrible heartburn, and then standing up to have a shooting pain go down my butt into my leg...it was terrible! Luckily, I've been able to get a few good night's sleep so that I think has helped a lot. I've also started walking more and moving around to try and help get this little girl out so by the end of the day, I'm pretty tired! Oh, and I've definitely started to have some Braxton Hicks contractions!!
Cravings -- I wouldn't call it a craving, but I've been living off of honeycrisp apples and caramel! So incredibly delicious!
Highlight of the Week -- S and I were able to have a date night the other night where we rented The Avengers, made some popcorn, and just laid in bed with our puppy to enjoy each other's company. I love when he is able to take some time off of work and we can focus on us rather than all the craziness that is about to ensue!
Most Looking Forward to -- Meeting our baby girl! I want her here healthy, happy, and safe but I really wish she'd make her appearance already (as does Hubby, which is adorable to watch). I think we've just realized how nice it would be to have her here for Christmas! Not to mention, Hubby's work schedule is a little nuts the next month so the sooner, the better in that regard. Furthermore, I've now finished packing her bag and stuff for S, and there's only a few more things I need to throw into the hospital bag for myself....so we're getting there! Hear that little one? I'm serving you your eviction notice! :)
Anticipation...you will have that little bundle in your arms soon...I know it doesnt seem soon enough, but she makes the rules!! ...and will have her daddy wrapped around her little finger from then on....mommy's life, daddy's dream come true....so so happy for you there are just no words....Love you so much and wish you an easy delivery without too much "hard time" labor...Cant wait to see her!!! So glad Auntie Bette will be visiting you while she is vacationing..she is looking forward to meeting her too...:)...Auntie C
ReplyDeleteI am so excited. I will be waiting anxiously by my cell phone for that first picture! Also, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that she will do what we want and just dance her way out. ;)
ReplyDeleteBunches of Bananas!!
So excited for you! I am being induced in 4 weeks!
ReplyDelete*maria*
http://mariaisprego2012.blogspot.com