| 38 Weeks & 3 Days |
This week's doctors appointment went well...I was about a centimeter dilated. Not that it really means anything, but it's at least a little progress from the week before. I've been having a lot more Braxton Hicks and even a few real contractions. You can definitely tell that she has now dropped....the shape of my stomach has really changed. All good things leading to the end I suppose! I can't believe we're now down to single digits either....it is so crazy to think of how soon she will be here!
All About Baby -- Development is just about complete and she is shedding that vernix and lanugo. She is also producing more surfactant which will prevent air sacs in the lungs from sticking together once she starts breathing air on the outside. Finally, she's still packing on that fat and rounding herself out!
How Momma is Feeling -- I've had a major burst of energy the past few days. Aside from a load of whites and sweeping/mopping my kitchen floor, I have literally cleaned every inch of this house. Things I've been putting off for months have finally gotten done. Organization has been wonderful and projects are now completed. She needs to make her way into this world soon or I'm going to take to scrubbing the walls! Other than that, I'm still having a rough time sleeping but at least I'm getting used to it.
Cravings -- Well I went to the grocery store yesterday and decided that chocolate sounded amazing. So, I bought fudge brownies, chocolate pudding...I've wanted chocolate chip cookies. I don't know if it's a craving or it just sounds yummy, but hey!
Highlight of the Week -- My sister had very early on decided that she wanted to buy the coming home outfit for our sweet baby girl and we got it in the mail this week....SO adorable! She certainly is going to be dressed in style!
Most Looking Forward To -- Aside from meeting our little one, I'm looking forward to a Christmas celebration with my nieces and nephews. I sit here staring at these gifts under our tree and it just makes me smile. I've never had a Christmas with all of them so getting to experience the holidays with my siblings and their children just make this year a little bit more special. Now if only baby girl would come early enough, she'd get to meet her cousins before they had to go home!
I feel like five minutes ago you just sent me the text saying your were pregnant. Where did all the time go?! I am SO beyond excited for her arrival and I can't wait for you to start being the incredible mom I know you will be. :) Our little family is growing!! ;)
ReplyDeleteCome on Pinkberry!!! Come soon so Santa can visit you too...<3
ReplyDelete