 |
| Our Beautiful Little Thumper :) |
After our first appointment, we were told to come back in two to three weeks -- that if I could handle three weeks, it would be better because the scan would show more. So a day shy of three weeks from our first visit, S, D, and I pile into the examination room for take two. I wasn't nearly as nervous for this appointment as I had been for the first. A lot of my fears went away after the first appointment and now I was just anxious to see growth from the baby. Hearing the doctor say "well it was certainly worth the wait" was music to my ears. He turned the monitor once again and I could clearly see this little form of a baby on the screen. What was even better and more reassuring was that I could see that beautiful little heart beating away and cue my tears. I was having a really hard time connecting to the pregnancy or thinking that there was ACTUALLY a baby in there. Once I saw that heart beating, I knew that no matter the outcome in the long run, I had a beautiful little baby growing inside of me and my world will forever be changed. Everything else sort of just went away, and I can honestly say it was magic.
 |
| A close up of our Thumper <3 |
The doctor was zooming in, taking crown to rump measurements, seeing if maybe the little one would move around for us. No such luck, but I just loved watching that little heart beat and seeing the numbers on the bottom of the screen (how far I was according to measurements and accordingly, when I'd be due). With the average of the two measurements (one near and one far), the math came to be that I would be due on Christmas. Again, how beautifully blessed we are. See, before we even got a positive home pregnancy test I had a dream about my Mimi, one of the most important people in my life. She came down and kissed my stomach and then just drifted away. Only once before has this happened to me and it was the night after she passed away. Then finding out I was due on Christmas, which is S's Mom-Mom's birthday, we knew that it would be a blessed pregnancy and that our angels were watching and proud of us.
Later that evening, we headed over to the in-laws so we could show them pictures and tell them all about the appointment. While we were there, we decided to drive over to visit S's grandfather and share the news that he was going to be a great grandfather. It was a very special moment for all of us, but I loved knowing that our child would have one great grandparent in his life, G-d willing. When we told him the news, his expression with a "well hot damn!" was probably one of the best that I've ever seen. It truly touched my heart in so many different ways. For me, I really felt like that day was the beginning of our pregnancy, despite the fact that I was already eight weeks in. It's a day that I will always remember...
No comments:
Post a Comment