Wednesday, June 6, 2012

11 Weeks!

So I belong to this community called TheBump (same people who run TheKnot, which I relied on heavily for wedding inspiration). One of the girls there has a blog where she does these weekly updates and it seems sort of just a "check-in" for herself. I loved the idea as soon as I saw it and thought I'd do something similar for myself -- hope you don't mind fellow bumpie! So here goes!

All About Baby -- Can you believe it's at the size of a lime!? That little piece of fruit I'd stick in my Corona's pre-pregnancy and that's the size of my baby. Holy cow. Hard to think of how far we've come already, and how far there is still left to go. Apparently little Thumper also weighs about .25 ounces. Such a little peanut! :) Good news is that the fingers and toes aren't webbed anymore and that the nail beds, hair follicles, and tooth buds are forming!

How Momma is Feeling -- This past weekend was pure hell. I was so nauseous and sick to the point that I actually called a doctor, well attempted to. After two days of it (and some genius sister advice), I was finally able to eat again and I haven't thrown up since...knock on wood.

Cravings -- Pretty much nothing. I've had to avoid food and slowly reintroducing it into my diet has been hell. Smells make me nauseous. The sight of anything raw makes me nauseous. Needless to say, dinner in my house has been a tad bit difficult!

Looking Forward To -- We have another doctor's appointment on Monday. Although I'm not expecting to see anything because it'll be the normal routine stuff, it'll be nice to just hit that 12 week milestone and if everything is going well, we'll announce to the whole world!

Most Anxious About -- I just want to know everything is okay in there (without all the vomiting!) I keep getting nervous that something could be wrong with the baby and I wouldn't know it (I know, rare, but it happens). Whenever I get like this, I just sit and tell myself "Today, I'm pregnant and I love this baby". I know it's silly, but I guess it's what I need. I was watching one of my favorite shows and they were talking about the possibility of losing a baby and one of the characters admitted his fear and said that the doctor told him that birth is the everyday miracle and it happens every day. I guess hearing my fears and what I already knew in my head out loud, just sort of made it that easier to really hear. I worry sometimes, but these things have somehow been helping me through. Sometimes, we all need to find a little faith I suppose.

The Belly -- Nothing yet! But I'm anxiously awaiting! I know people will think I'm crazy (especially once I do pop and can't sleep/move/cuddle/etc.), but it's just who I am. And here's a challenge for the readers...I want a cute way to mark my week by week tummy. I want to include a number in the picture somehow, but I'd rather not just put it in afterwards. So, to my creative minds -- got any ideas for me? :)


2 comments:

  1. So, a while ago I saw this blog and thought this was the cutest way to keep track of the week by week pregnancy pictures. Basically this woman used a chalkboard and wrote how many weeks but also included a fun fact like how big the baby is, what she was craving, if it was a holiday it was holiday themed, etc. You could easily do this with a dry erase board even. Get a ton of colors and make it pretty. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to wear the same shirt (get something super stretchy) because those are always my fav pics because you can really see the change. Or just do something simple like always wear a white tank top. Sometimes its hard to tell if it is the shirt or the belly changing in people's pictures. If you don't want to hang something in your home you can always just set the board on a chair and stand next to it for the picture. Look through the whole blog to see all the weekly picture posts, you'll love them.

    http://littlebabygarvin.blogspot.com/2011/08/bump.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the chalkboard idea too or I've seen these stickers you can stick on your belly.

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/90304982/pregnancy-stickers-baby-bump-belly?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=belly+stickers&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

    I also agree with wearing the same thing every week or atleast something that is always tight fitting. I don't always wear the same thing but I always make sure it's not loose.

    babybotts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete