Saturday, June 16, 2012

12 Weeks!

12 weeks, 3 days :)
I can't believe we've hit 12 weeks already, that I'm basically through the first trimester, and already a third of the way there. It has been amazing having the time to celebrate ourselves, but it feels incredible now to have it put out there for all our friends and family to know. We are so overwhelmed by all the love and support we've gotten -- it's truly amazing. So on to the weekly check-in!

All About Baby! -- Most of the critical systems are now formed and now the organs and tissues will start to grow and develop. The coolest thing, at least in my opinion? The baby's reflexes are starting. Even though I can't feel the movement yet, apparently if I poke Thumper, he/she will most likely move in response. I also think it's awesome that Thumper is opening and closing fingers and curling the toes! I hope we get to see some of this on the ultrasound next week!

How Momma is Feeling -- I have been feeling GREAT! Knock on wood; I have not had any morning sickness in about a week. The blueberry (as my sister calls it) is finally behaving! My energy is slowly returning, and I'm finally not feeling I need a nap every 30 minutes! Oh, and my appetite has finally come back in full force (thank goodness!). Granted, the number one thing I'm craving is six states away, but I'm making do with what I have! It's pretty refreshing to be able to move around again and feel productive!

Cravings -- I seriously want a steak and cheese sub with mayo and extra cheese from my hometown in Massachusetts. If the craving gets much worse, I will have someone overnight one to me! Other than that, Doritos. I guess I just wanted that crunchy taste, but I got some yesterday and they were just delicious!

Highlight of the Week -- We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time this week. It was truly the most amazing sound I have ever heard. Hubby recorded it on the phone so every night when we lay down in bed before we pray, we listen to the heartbeat. I seriously don't think I'll ever get sick of that sound. It's so reassuring.

Most Anxious About -- We have our NT scan Tuesday morning and I'm feeling a little nervous about it. For those who don't know, the NT scan is a test where they measure the fat on the back of the baby's neck, and along with blood, age, etc., they will assess your risk for having a child with Trisomy 18 and Down's Syndrome. Now, even if the test came back as highly at risk (which I'm doubting), we wouldn't do anything different but educate ourselves; no further testing or anything. The good news is that we get to stare at that cute little baby for a while! I think I'm just anxious because it is a test that could really change our lives.

The Belly! -- Well, please excuse the horrible lighting. We're still trying to figure out the best place to hang this and where I like it best. If you look at last week's picture and then at this one, holy heck there is a huge difference. However, it's just bloat. The bottom of my tummy is definitely starting to harden a little and I can feel things stretch and move (I'm very attuned to my body). I can pretty easily find my uterus now, which is kind of cool because you know sort of where the baby is lying. I just wish I'd get that little defined baby bump already! I'm waiting little one!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy happy. I will be keeping happy thoughts for the test, please let me know when you find out results. Love you and babybaby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All will go just fine---they find so many things to test for now...i feel some of it good, some of it not so much, as with everything, they tend to go overboard. Glad you are over that terrible sickness...now just to feel that first wave of movement---no words can explain it!! Love you---and if you need the sandwich let me know!! XXOO--Auntie

    ReplyDelete