Saturday, July 7, 2012

15 Weeks!

15 Weeks and 4 Days :)
Time is certainly going faster than I thought it would now that I'm out of the first trimester. I definitely think blogging helps, especially since I never get around to it until the end of the week. It's sort of like I get the excitement of hitting the mark in the beginning of the week (Tuesdays are the day it changes), and then rethink about the week and get excited all over again when I blog about it! It also helps that the whole pregnancy is becoming more real -- it means I can start looking at the things we want to get for the baby and not feel like I'm jinxing anything. Now onto 15 weeks!

All About Baby! -- On average, babies at 15 weeks are about three inches long and weigh about two and a half ounces! The proportions are still becoming even more regular, with the legs finally outmeasuring the arms! Apparently Shim is also moving around a ton, even though I can't feel it quite yet. Also, all the joints and limbs can move now -- woo hoo!

How Momma is Feeling -- Physically, I'm doing alright this week. I had a day of nausea and vomiting, but I can handle one day of that. My appetite is still non-existent (which the heat does NOT help) and I still have the most horrid swamp mouth. I literally can not stand the taste of my own mouth, almost ever. Emotionally, I'm fighting some battles and I think the hormones are making it harder to deal with. Some family stuff is going on right now that I just have to keep reminding myself my Mimi would be proud of the woman I am and the decisions I'm making. I have to be strong for my little family and I'm trying, but not without some breakdowns along the way. So, like I said, emotionally -- I could probably be a little bit better, but I wish I knew how much was me and how much was the hormones making it worse!

Cravings -- Strawberry shortcake! Oh my goodness, the thought of that juicy fruit topped with whipped cream is just too YUM for me! I swear, that's more of my dinner every night than an actual meal!

Highlight of the Week -- Not much happened this week, but S and I have started to look at baby names! We went and bought a book and try to go through a couple letters every night and highlight what we like. If it's a boy, I'm pretty sure the name is set in stone. If it's a girl, we have some choices :) We've also started more seriously talking about the baby room and how we would love to set it up and such, so that's pretty exciting! Definitely makes everything a tad more real!

Most Looking Forward To -- I decided to change the wording of this because it's not so much anxiety anymore, just what I want next. This week, it's our appointment on Tuesday! We get to hear the heartbeat again and aside from giving us some more reassurance, it's such a beautiful sound to hear!

The Belly -- The pictures don't really do it justice but I do promise, there is one actually starting to grow there! I was getting dressed today, looked down and realized how much bigger I looked. I know I wasn't sucking it in but I was still surprised. I also liked that I found a "Dad's Pregnancy Guide". It offers different sizes for guys to compare the baby to other than just fruits, and they seem to make a lot more sense to me than the demented fruit that everywhere offers for women! So now I can incorporate things other than fruit to compare the size to which makes me happy. I'm a woman, and even I understand the size of a baseball better than the size of a navel orange!

2 comments:

  1. I love strawberry shortcake too! That Dad's Pregnancy Guide sounds really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear that you are finally enjoying your pregnancy and thinking about baby's future. :) I can't wait to hear your name choices!!

    ReplyDelete