Saturday, July 28, 2012

18 Weeks!

18 Weeks & 4 Days
I'm running pretty late this week - my apologies. I really do intend to do the posts earlier but things definitely ran away this week, especially with S being off Monday and Tuesday. We barely spent any time in the house! He finally got over to his parent's house and started cleaning out more of his bedroom so they can convert it back to a nursery (which I love). After reading all the horror stories of in-laws, I truly feel incredibly blessed that mine are so amazing -- not that I didn't before, but you know what I mean! Then we started looking at nursery colors because finding greens we like that match this Winnie the Pooh nursery set is proving to be a little bit more difficult than we expected (there will be a blog post at some point about this process).

Then it's been little things around the house that need to get done -- scrapbooks to finish, clothes to donate, things to clean -- so that we can start cleaning out the nursery so that we have somewhere to put the stuff that is slowly trickling in. Needless to say, it's been a busy week that has really gotten away from us! I can only hope the rest of the time continues to go by this fast and now onto the check-in!

All About Baby! -- Baby is now the size of a sweet potato! I'm getting sick of fruits and vegetables because the sizing doesn't make sense to me, but what can ya do. At least it's some sort of a comparison. That puts Thumper at about 5.6 inches -- definitely growing! Shim is having a little aerobics lesson in there doing twists, rolls, punches, and kicks! He/she is also yawning, hiccuping, swallowing, and sucking now; definitely getting ready for life on the outside!

How Momma is Feeling -- Well I'm still not getting used to having less energy than normal. I still attempt to go, go, go only to find that I just can't. Does that stop me though? Of course not. Welcome to my personality! I'm having a lot harder time sleeping lately because of my back. I can't stay solely on my sides, which is the best sleeping position, but I don't want to lay on my back for too long so I end up spending a majority of the night tossing and turning. Other than that though, I'm focused on everything that has to get done and just going until I can't anymore!

Cravings -- Apples with cinnamon and sugar! That fresh crisp bite of an apple is just calling to me this week! However, I can't stand just apples so I have to add a little something extra. Thanks to my amazing nephew who used to live off of this, I knew just the right additions to make!

Highlight of the Week -- We ordered the crib and the changing table! The set that we really liked had less than ten in stock left and although it said more coming soon, we didn't know what "soon" meant so we decided to just order it so that we would have them! Plus, we didn't know if the price would go up and we got a pretty good deal. We also found a little stuffed Thumper at the Hallmark store the other day. When you press his paw, he thumps the other one. It was just PERFECT and we had to have it to keep in the nursery since we do call the little one Thumper! OH, and I'm consistently feeling movement now which is so incredible. I love feeling those little kicks, even if I get surprised every single time I get one! :)

Most Looking Forward To -- Clearing out the nursery and finding another shade of green we like for the walls. It's been a slow process but we'll get there!

And just for fun, you can see the pup who ALWAYS needs to sit right at my feet when we do the chalkboard picture. She's such a protective little one :)

1 comment:

  1. I love when furbabies get so protective. :) It is just so cute. Sending happiness your way. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete