Sunday, November 11, 2012

33 Weeks!

33 Weeks & 3 Days
AH! Another week come and gone. I honestly feel like time is just flying by. I guess we haven't hit that phase yet where time seems to be dragging. I've definitely had some days that were pretty uncomfortable, but nothing I can't handle -- I'm a tough cookie.

Yesterday, Hubby and I did our hospital tour and needless to say, it was another reality as to how close we are to having our baby girl! I really love the hospital though so it at least made me feel much more comfortable. They are very big on breastfeeding advocacy, skin to skin contact, etc. so basically everything I would have wanted in a hospital experience -- they have. There's also only private rooms so I don't have to worry about sharing a room with someone else. Oh, and as Hubby put it, he liked walking around the hall and not hearing anyone yell and scream (haha)! They also don't have a central nursery so family is with the baby basically all the time. The nurses will help out if we need it, but I'm actually okay with this. I love that they're so family-oriented. We're also allowed to have five visitors (Hubs included) at a time and no age limit which was important to me because our nephew did ask if he would get to come to the hospital, which I thought was adorable. The thought of labor still scares the bejeebus out of me, but it at least put my mind at ease to see the hospital, the labor and delivery area, and to know where we will be going when the time comes!

All About Baby -- At this point, the amniotic fluid level has officially maxed out and her immune system is continuing to develop. She's receiving all the antibodies from me that she can so that she can fight off all those germs that are bound to come her way outside of the womb! Furthermore, her bones are continuing to harden and she is going through even more brain development!

How Momma is Feeling -- There have been a couple days where I was extremely uncomfortable...leg cramps, lung cramping, and the inability to sleep. Last night, I was woken up out of a dead sleep at 3 a.m. because of a random charlie horse in my leg! As long as I can spend part of my day stretched out and giving little one some room, she seems to be happy though which means less pain. I know it's bound to get worse in the coming weeks, but I guess we'll take it as it goes!

Cravings -- Nada...guess you could say I've had it sort of easy with the food cravings!

Highlight of the Week -- I guess the hospital tour was pretty nice. We opted not to do a childbirth class (we found one free online we plan on sitting through though) so it was really the only "prep" that either one of us will get. I know it certainly helped me to feel a little better, and I think it helped S feel a little more prepared too. He works an hour away so it was nice to know how the typical transitions go and how soon he'd be able to see me, etc.

Most Looking Forward To -- Okay, this one is silly, but Hubby surprised me and bought tickets to go see Breaking Dawn on Thursday night! With the exception of the first one, I've always gone to the midnight showing. This year, they're showing one at 10 p.m. so he bought tickets to that one, but it's the same principle. We're sort of using it as our last real date until Thumper makes her arrival so I'm looking forward to just a simple date night with the hubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment