| 34 Weeks & 4 Days |
So we went into the doctor's office and did all the normal stuff -- weight, blood pressure, measuring my stomach, etc. My blood pressure was pretty high so I had asked them to retake it with a manual cuff. Now, I normally run a little higher than "normal", but it was at 145/90 which was high enough that I was a little worried. So the doctor agreed to retake it at the end of the appointment....until we got to measuring little one's heartbeat with the doppler. She kept it there for I'd say a good seven minutes and baby girl was giving us a reading of 190 beats per minute and it wasn't really coming down at all. Granted, she was wiggling and moving around like CRAZY, much more than normal, but it was enough to worry the doctor. And with that, cue my tears. The OB said that she wanted to do a non-stress test and proceeded to hook me up to the monitor. If her heartbeat didn't come down within a half hour, they'd be sending me over the labor and delivery for further testing. Of course at this point, I start freaking out which didn't help my blood pressure and in turn, probably didn't help calm down little one. So they set me up with the monitors over my stomach and then hubby came over and sat there watching the printout that was happening. Her heartbeat would come down to around 160 and then she'd move and it would jump back up. At the end of the half hour though, the OB said she was okay with letting me come home because her baseline was down closer to 160 and that there was nothing I needed to look out for. So, a little freak out and we are both okay, but I've definitely been taking it easier than normal and thanking my lucky stars she's still healthy and doing okay!
All About Baby -- I actually have NO clue what the heck a santa claus melon is or how big it is. However, Hubby was insisting that it was bigger than a pineapple and smaller than a watermelon so he convinced me to use it! On average, babies are about five pounds and could be around twenty inches by now! She is also able to recognize and react to simple songs now too.
How Momma is Feeling -- This has been a pretty rough emotional week for me, especially after the appointment on Tuesday. There were some other personal things going on too that just pretty much drained me of everything this week. As for physically, I'm definitely starting to reach that uncomfortable phase. My hips hurt half the time and she loves sitting high so my breathing is compromised and just uncomfy. I also think I'm developing a cold which I can only imagine to equal hell during pregnancy!
Cravings -- Ham and cheese croissant hot pockets. I know they are HORRIBLE for me, but oh my God, SO GOOD!
Highlight of the Week -- Hubby taking me to go see the second part of Breaking Dawn! It was so nice to have a date before the baby comes. Even better, we didn't spend any money...tickets were paid for already, we brought drinks, and didn't buy food! We don't get to go out often because of his work schedule so it was just a nice night for the two of us.
Most Looking Forward To -- Thanksgiving next week! It's my favorite holiday and I found out that I will see most of my nieces and nephews this year. I haven't had a holiday with my brother's kids in a LONG time, if ever, so I'm looking forward to it just a little extra this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment