Friday, October 5, 2012

Mommy Makeover Challenge: Day Five

Day of the Challenge? Day Five

How long did it take you to get ready? I had to do a couple things to fix my hair this morning and decided to put makeup on, so overall I'd say about fifteen minutes. I'm so not a complicated person! I also promise I have more than just a few shirts -- these are just what I feel the most comfortable/least self conscience in!

What did you do differently from your normal routine? Well, two things. First, rather than letting my hair just be tousled from sleeping on it overnight and letting it fall where it may, I decided to actually fix it. See, I have naturally very curly hair so any bit of humidity or scrunching (i.e. on my pillow), it will slightly curl - especially near my scalp. Second, I've been telling myself for about a month and a half that I wanted to paint my nails because unless I have polish on them, I'm a biter. However, I've been pushing it off because the smell gets to me now. The weather seemed perfect though, so I opened the house and sat in front of an open window and painted toes and fingers!

Did you go anywhere outside of the home? Today I went and visited family so that I could drop some stuff off to my sister. Afterwards, hubby and I went and did our weekly grocery shopping trip!

Did you feel any differently? I was definitely happy that I had gotten dressed and ready for the day so early on. It's a nice feeling when hubby walks through the door and says "Oh, you look so beautiful". I guess he's gotten used to seeing me with no makeup and yoga pants with a t-shirt I slept in. I was also really happy that I decided to paint my nails. It's such a little cosmetic thing, but the fact that it gives me the strength to not bite my nails and have them grow is SUCH a boost to my confidence level.

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful :) It makes me happy that your purple nails match your shirt!

    ReplyDelete