| 31 Weeks & 3 Days |
This week has been a pretty blah week. We spent time putting stuff away and making lots of lists -- thank you lists, address lists, etc. With the looming threat of "Frankenstorm" hitting us, S has had to work more than usual so no errands or anything. He lost his day off this week and got stuck working two twelve hour shifts, not including his commute time. It stinks, but we're lucky he has a job so I can't complain too much. We have another appointment on Tuesday and we'll be one week closer to meeting our baby girl!
All About Baby -- The average child is about the size of a pineapple this week, which I would definitely believe with the crowding of my lungs! All five of her senses are now fully developed so she's receiving input and processing a whole lot of information! Finally, her irises should now be reacting to light as well.
How Momma is Feeling -- Aside from the lung crowding, I'm pretty good this week. Heartburn and indigestion have died down and I've even begun to sleep a little better surprisingly. That sleep definitely makes such a huge difference in my energy level and disposition. Admittedly, I am getting sick of people asking how I am, then when I answer honestly they say "and you still have nine weeks left!" in that sort of way that just sounds like it's too early to be experiencing what I am. I know how long I have left -- that doesn't make the weight I'm carrying already, the back pain I'm having, or the lack of sleep any less substantial than what it already is.
Cravings -- I had some serious McDonald's cravings this week so I did give in and eat some french fries. They were incredibly amazing let me just tell you.
Highlight of the Week -- Honestly just having some pieces of things start to fall together. I had a falling out with one of my brothers a couple months ago and it was eating me up since, no matter how good I thought I was at hiding it. Well my amazing husband reached out to him (without my knowledge so he could protect me) and even though my brother was still a jerk about everything, it at least ended in some closure for me. Having that piece of things settled and that hope that maybe he'd turn around sooner rather than later disappear makes me able to move on and enjoy the relationships I have in my life a little bit more. I know that may sound really cold-hearted but it needed to happen. Ever since I found out about this conversation, I wake up every single day feeling a little less of a weight on my shoulder and that feels incredibly good. He will always be my brother and I will love him forever, but I'm also learning (again) that sometimes you have to let someone go and now that I have this little girl to worry about, I just can't focus on negative things.
Most Looking Forward To -- Currently, it would be to get this stupid storm over with. I hate the anticipation of a storm hitting us. Because S works in a grocery store, he basically gets screwed and working an hour away just makes me worry and stress probably more than I should. We've taken all the necessary precautions and I have places to go if need be, but I worry about him. At least once the storm is here, you can sort of gauge how bad it's going to be, but with this -- I'm feeling like there's just no telling how bad it could be. It is now a waiting game and I absolutely hate that...so feel free to come and go Sandy a.k.a. Frankenstorm a.k.a The Perfect Storm!
Stay safe. I know how much you hate storms to begin with, let alone a crazy ridiculous one. You look beautiful. It blows my mind that its practically November. :)
ReplyDelete