Sunday, September 23, 2012

26 Weeks

26 Weeks & 4 Days
Another week under the belt -- hard to believe it's moving so fast. I know I say that every week but as time gets closer, it becomes more and more realistic. Going through clothes my sister has handed me down, doing projects like little one's bow holder, baby shower invites being sent, getting the car seat from my sister, etc. has just made me realize how close we are getting. I know time will go painstakingly slow as I get to those last few weeks, but I am enjoying every single minute I have of being pregnant and feeling this little chickie kick inside of me.

All About Baby -- She's probably weighing around two pounds and a little over nine inches! Her eyes are almost finished forming and she'll open them soon. She also has beautiful little eyelashes now to bat at us (which I'm sure she'll do to get her way)!

How Momma is Feeling -- I am in TOTAL nesting mode lately! I literally have this compulsive need to go through every cabinet/drawer/space and organize it to a T! On the one hand it's great because we're getting rid of junk and making more space around the house, but figuring out what to do next is starting to get slim. I loved having S home this past week; he really is such a great, supportive partner to have and helped me get so many projects done! My back has been in a bit of pain lately but I guess that's sort of to be expected. I really should make that PT appointment, but knowing me, I'll let it go. Other than that, I'm actually doing pretty good. Hopefully this stays for the next couple months.

Cravings -- Oreos and more Oreos. Not just any Oreo though, Halloween ones. They have to have that orange filling.

Highlight of the Week -- Hubby and I celebrated our one year anniversary this week! It is absolutely crazy to think about how much our life has changed in the past year. We got married, bought a house, and now have a baby on the way. We stopped speaking to some people and have forged stronger relationships with others. It's amazing how quick life can change -- sometimes for the worst, but sometimes for the absolute better.

The other highlight was that we bought a car this week! We came across an amazing deal while out car shopping that we just couldn't pass up. See, S drove a truck and there was no way a car seat was fitting in there. So, I'm glad that it's taken care of before the weather starts to get nasty and it is another thing to cross off the list of big things to get done before the baby comes! Oh, I almost forgot -- we've officially hit double digits on the countdown! And, the baby shower invites have gone out which I guess is another step in the direction of making this whole pregnancy that much more real!

Most Looking Forward To -- I'm not really sure about this one. I'm excited to be into the third trimester come next week, but nervous for my gestational diabetes glucose test the following week. I guess for now, that'll do!

3 comments:

  1. Time is going by too quickly. I look forward to more pictures of your fun projects! What kind of car did you guys get? You should definitely do the PT. Obviously your back and other aches will just get worse the bigger baby gets. Even after baby is born, carrying her around, bending over changing tables and cribs, etc will continue to irritate the problem (especially since you have a history of it). Get to working on it now so you don't suffer so much later. :) Sorry for the lecture, but you know you'd do the same. This is why you love me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on devoting an entry to the projects, I just haven't got that far yet! We bought a 2008 Toyota RAV-4..so pretty! There's a picture posted on Instagram/FB. I know I should do the PT (and I appreciate the lecture!), it's just a matter of finding time and energy to do it. I'm sure it'll eventually get bad enough that I give in :P

      Delete
    2. Water aerobics and aqua therapy is GREAT for pregnant women, people with bad joints, etc. Takes the pressure off so you're just using those muscles. That might be a fun alternative for you. I'm sure you could pinterest yourself some water workouts if you don't want to join a class. I've always wanted to do one. :)

      Delete